What is Medicine Management?
The standards related to the prescription, usage and transportation of the medicine is given by Medicine Management. The medicine management holds extreme importance as far as the protection of patients and drug administrators is concerned. The standards are not only related to human and animal drug prescription but rather blood and blood products are also being covered by it. The standards are applicable to both home and administered medicines. The standards are applicable to both local as well as national policies.
The fair amount of responsibility related to the medicine management also rests on the shoulders of an individual as well. The simple reason behind this phenomenon is that medicines are drugs which are pretty powerful and any negligence in this regard can result in some serious negative consequences. Hence as an individual one must have some level of knowledge about the drug which is being taken, the amount of dosage and length of the medical course.
Doctor and Medicine:
There are high chances that an ingredient of active nature in the medicine may have a bad interaction with some other medicines which a person may be taking. Hence it is the duty of the doctor that he or she must have the knowledge about the medicine which a person takes on a routine basis. The doctor will also give a nice medicine management pattern which will result in a better way for a person’s health. The doctor will give a nice management guideline through which an individual can use his/her routine medicine in combination with the prescribed medicine.
Why medicine management?
Some of the reasons why medicine management is important for an individual are as follows
- The medicine management gives a proper medicine procedure which results in less errors
- Educates the masses about the medicine safety
- According to one research a death count of 1000 is reported each year due to errors related to medication. Medicine management surely helps in the minimization of such mishaps
Some major tips related to medicine management are as follows
- Whenever a person is taking medicine then he or she must ensure that the pharmacy label must specify the reason behind the medicine intake.
- A person should develop a medical list for him or herself and should also keep this list updated
- It is advisable that such a medication list should be shared with the doctor especially if the case is such that the doctor is prescribing a new medicine for an individual
- There is no harm if an individual asks the doctor whether the prescribed medicine is compatible with his or her age?
- In case of uncertainty a second opinion should always be taken
- An individual must possess knowledge about the side effects of the medicines being taken by him or her.
Medication is not a joke and it requires proper management. An educated individual should not play with his or her life by being careless in this regard.